100 not out! Thomas and Robin salute the balcony with a good old-fashioned ramble about what excites them about physics teaching, making the subject live if you’re not a specialist and the challenges of teaching science in a ‘post-truth’ world.
We go round ALL the houses, and talk about where our love from physics comes from, but we’ve distilled out the most eclectic links list we have ever produced! Here it is…
- 13 Minutes to the Moon
- NASA – the Apollo Programme
- The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
- Quantum Tunnelling
- Behind the Curve – Netflix Flat Earth documentary
- How Science Works – STEM Learning
- Evolution is a Blind Watchmaker – YouTube
- More or Less – BBC
- The Royal Statistical Society
- Modelling half life with dice
- Spurious Correlations
Please share ideas or successes – or indeed questions – on our Facebook Page: https://fb.me/physicstp . You can also message us via our website contact form at the.physicsteachingpodcast.com, Twitter @physicstp, email using the address given in the podcast (if we remember), you could even email us an autio file if you are feeling really keen.
- Season 3: Disco Sheik by Podington Bear.
- Seasons 1 and 2: One legged equilibrist polka by Circus Homunculus.
- Occasionally we also use Cantina Rag by Jackson F. Smith.
The music is used under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License