Bad Movies for Good Lessons
We talk through bad movies to support good Physics Teaching. the aim is to talk through ones people suggest that are actually usable in lessons. As usual we get excited and make a few mistakes. Thomas is pretty sure that aeroplanes are made of aluminium, not steel and there were a few mentioned (Ant Man, Hulk) that we forgot to cover.
Links are below.
Sorry for the brief notes. Like you, we have a billion papers to mark for the TAGs/CAGs.
- Phineas and Ferb and the Magnet
- Mr Incredible and his tree
- Superman catches Lois
- Superman catches plane
- Iron Man and all the landings
- Mutating Neutrinos
- Speed bridge jump
- Fast and Furious 6 long runway and Louie’s link to the BBC
- The Core – the Earth will be cooked
- 2001 Background Hum
- Hancock vs Train (discussion of the physics)
- Matrix and electricity generation from humans – and a pdf made by one of @MsDowdSci’s students to show what can be done.
- Dr Quantum
- Armageddon – One more minute
Please share ideas or successes – or indeed questions – on our Facebook Page: https://fb.me/physicstp . You can also message us via our website contact form at the.physicsteachingpodcast.com, Twitter @physicstp, email using the address given in the podcast (if we remember), you could even email us an autio file if you are feeling really keen.
- Season 3: Disco Sheik by Podington Bear.
- Seasons 1 and 2: One legged equilibrist polka by Circus Homunculus.
- Occasionally we also use Cantina Rag by Jackson F. Smith.
The music is used under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License