Dr Dave Farmer joins the podcast to talk about ways to teach Momentum. Thank you for all your input dear listener!
Dr Dave introduces momentum by putting his body on the line (see below). The main themes are increasing collision time to reduce force, momentum as the quantity of motion, colliding students together and doing experiments.
- Physics Girl on Momentum (see below) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UHS883_P60
- Nicholas Alkamade falls from a WWI bomber and survives
- Gun recoils
- Robin and his cats:
Please share ideas or successes – or indeed questions – on our Facebook Page: https://fb.me/physicstp . You can also message us via our website contact form at the.physicsteachingpodcast.com, Twitter @physicstp, email using the address given in the podcast (if we remember), you could even email us an autio file if you are feeling really keen.
- Season 3: Disco Sheik by Podington Bear.
- Seasons 1 and 2: One legged equilibrist polka by Circus Homunculus.
- Occasionally we also use Cantina Rag by Jackson F. Smith.
The music is used under the Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License