Vacuum Cannon v1.1
Vacuum cannon with all you need to get started.
Out of stock
We have sold the last “basic” and “supporter’s” cannons, and none are scheduled to be made at the moment. However, Thomas will make a new batch if there is enough interest. If you wish to have one, please contact Thomas using the form below:
Vacuum cannon v1.1. This is effectively the old “Supporter’s cannon”, but without the personalised sticker. It includes:
- A 1m long 1½ inch imperial PVC pressure tube with both ends lovingly smoothed off by Thomas with superfine finishing paper.
- Two tapped ⅛” BSPT (taper) female holes (one for the vacuum pump, one for fitting of a pressure gauge should you decide to buy one).
- A ⅛” BSPT (taper) male threaded nylon elbow valve. (The valve tube has a diameter of 6mm, perfect for rubber pressure tubing with 5mm internal.)*
- A ⅛” BSPT (taper) male threaded nylon plug for the second hole
- One roll of 3″ (extra wide) packing tape.
- Approximately 24 practise table tennis balls (as many as can fit in the tube).
- Safety information and tips on how to fire it.
- Sticker: “LOUD! Wear protection!” at the firing end.
- Sticker: “the.physicsteachingpodcast.com” on the barrel.
- UK and American postage calculates fine, but if you are in another country and make an order without contacting us then we will have to refund you less the PayPal charges we incur. Sorry.
Don’t forget that they are relatively easy to make: check out Thomas’ blog post about how to build one.
CLEAPSS Guidance on Safety
This is a screen capture from the official CLEAPSS document. If you purchase this you must take responsibility for firing it and make your own risk assessment.
*A ⅛” BSPT (taper) male threaded shrader valve (mentioned in the CLEAPSS document) should screw perfectly in to this hole. If enough people want one, I will add it as an option. Contact me through the form below:
For the record, when you take in to account the postal charges for the components, buying the tap and tapping wrench, PayPal charges on the purchase etc. then we will have covered our costs when if we sell ten cannons. After that, you are making a small donation to the podcasting costs, for which we thank you.
|Dimensions||100 × 10 × 10 cm|